Monday 16 September 2013

My mum's APRICOT JAM

Finally, I received recipe of my mum's apricot jam.  She has been doing it for many years and now, as I am not living close to her, I made mine. It is so easy and actually you can use any fruits you like.





My mum's APRICOT JAM


INGREDIENTS:
  • apricots
  • coconut sugar


METHOD:

Wash fruits, remove pips and cut into chunks. Weigh fruits and then measure the same amount of sugar (I use a little less as I do not like very sweet jam).

Place apricots and top with sugar in large double bottom saucepan. Set aside for half an hour (my mum leaves them overnight).

Then fry on small gas stirring occasionally until the mixture gets thick. Transfer into clean and dry jars, close tightly and place upside down.

Enjoy on top of toast or with pancakes!




No comments:

Post a Comment