Wednesday 21 August 2013

LECZO

When white peppers are available at the local market, my mum makes "leczo". I am big fan of that dish as it can be eaten as breakfast, lunch and dinner. Moreover, it reminds me of summer.
So I could not resist and I made that amazing dish trying to remember how my mum used to make it.




LECZO

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 breast of turkey
  • 1 large white onion
  • 1 large courgette
  • 1 tin choppede tomatoes
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 2 red bell peppers
  • 1 orange or yellow bell pepper
  • paprika
  • pink salt
  • clarified butter

METHOD:

Heat the batter on the frying pan, then add the whole tin of tomatoes. Simmer them until there will be not too much liquid. Cut onion in small pieces and saute until soft. Then add cut into small pieces peppers and courgette. After few minutes, add tomatoes and crushed garlic. Simmer for about 15 minutes until soft.

In the meantime, cut turkey breast into small pieces and fry.

At the end add meat into the vegetable mixture, mix and salt and paprika according to your taste.

Serve warm with homemade bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment